Hello and welcome to my blog!

All of this writing is free-written so please do not critique me too harshly! =D

Search My Blog!

February 16, 2010

Doughnuts revisited

Delectable Doughnut Delights
These Krispy Kreme doughnuts are phenomenal! Regardless of what other people say about them I feel they are unequalled in flavor and quality. I always revel in the mid-morning rush to school along the roads leading to the epicenter of my breakfast needs. The thrill of knowing that I have so many choices brings me to the point of pure ecstasy and upon viewing the Krispy Kreme neon sign stating “Hot” and “Now” I feel within a surge of pure joy that I will once again be able to taste the many varieties of this confectionary masterpiece. Although simple in nature the versatility of this device is unparalleled. Some days I prefer the jelly or cream filled doughnuts and others I prefer the doughnut holes themselves. Such delectable morsels these “holes” it makes me wish they gave you the hole from every doughnut. Not only are the sizes and shapes dynamic but even by changing the simple coverings of these pastries Krispy Kreme has created numerous delectable variations that anyone could love! This brings me to my main point that all of the doughnuts produced by Krispy Kreme seem to me to be elevated to a higher standard than those other doughnuts found elsewhere. For example when I do not have time to visit the Krispy Kreme or I perhaps am in a different area than normal, the gas station doughnuts do not even cross my mind. This is because they have never even come close to satiating my desire for doughnuts and to even indulge in a mere imitation would be a smack in the face to the food I have come to love. This at the same time would be an insult to my craving and leave me wanting even more. Even the doughnuts from other bakeries cannot fully indulge my hunger. Just as cigarette smoker’s dream of the morning cigarette, I dream of the morning doughnut. If Krispy Kreme were to go out of business (which I should hope they do not) I would feel withdrawals and most likely never enjoy mornings to their full extent ever again. Like a regular coffee drinker I imagine myself being irritable, on edge, and unhappy for the course of the day without doughnuts and almost cannot even stand the thought of not getting my fix. This being said with a loyal customer like me, and many others I am sure, I do not see the future of this bakery being a dismal one and hope that they stay in business producing these consumable works of art until long after I am dead.
-This was an in class assignment that we wrote about in about forty minutes and was on the subject of doughnuts. I chose to write a rave about Krispy Kreme doughnuts from the perspective of a very satisfied customer who felt very strongly about their doughnuts being the best. The posted essay however has been improved in a few ways. Originally the intro read, “Regardless of what other people say about the sugar content or health risks I find them to be unparalleled in flavor and quality” and I felt that that was not what I wanted to say. In the same sentence I also substituted the word unequalled for the word unparalleled because when I was rereading my essay I found that I used unequalled only a few sentences later so I changed the word to add diction variety. Finally, to further emphasize my point on how only doughnuts from Krispy Kreme would satisfy me, I added the line, “Even the doughnuts from other bakeries cannot fully indulge my hunger” to simply place more emphasis on how serious I am about my opinion. All in all, this was an easy assignment that I think I did well on to begin with, but the revision process can only make my work better and refine the quality of my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment