Hello and welcome to my blog!

All of this writing is free-written so please do not critique me too harshly! =D

Search My Blog!

March 19, 2010

Kush

Everyone has their own favorite domesticated animal, personally I prefer cats and I have a black Bombay who is about one year old. He is a rambunctious and energetic cat who likes to play rough and will not hesitate to use his thin sharp claws on you. Although many people would think that he is a mean cat, I know him better than that and I know that he really is sweet, just moody at times. For example, when he doesn’t have food in his bowl and he’s hungry he will not let you pet him until you fill up his bowl, and if you try he will claw and bite you. Strangely, and I only heard of one other cat like this, he enjoys being pet while eating. Normally a cat or even a dog will hiss or growl at you if you touch them while they are enjoying a meal, but he loves it and will sometimes even come get me from my room just so that I can pet him while he eats. He’s an extremely spoiled cat and always needs attention. This is mainly due to our family never having had a pet in the past. Although growing up me, my brother, and my sister always wanted a cat or a dog, all we ever got were the novelty pets like fish or a gerbil, so now that we have a true pet, we all enjoy spoiling him. His name is Kush and my brother Nick rescued him from the streets. I will always remember when he first brought him home he could fit in my outstretched hand. He was so tiny and so adorable that my mom just couldn’t say no any longer (as she loves cats and had one before she had children) and he quickly became a part of our family. However, his neediness goes two directions. We have all grown very fond of him and love him just as much as we love each other. I myself always enjoy playing with him when I am bored or when he is in one of his energetic moods. I use a string and slide it under doors in our hardwood kitchen and then hide behind them only peeking out to watch on the other side. My cat will focus on the string as I twitch it by twisting it with my hands and then jump out after it and I try and pull it back without him catching it. He really likes this game and I can almost always get him to play which I believe is in part due to the nature of male cats (as he is) and how they are such instinctual hunters and they have a strong desire to keep their reflexes sharp. He brings joy and happiness to our family in a way I never thought possible and so I hope that he lives for a very long time so that we can continue to enjoy his company and companionship.

No comments:

Post a Comment