Hello and welcome to my blog!

All of this writing is free-written so please do not critique me too harshly! =D

Search My Blog!

April 7, 2010

New Summer

I really don’t get what is going on with the weather. Normally there is some sort of transition period between winter and summer (spring) but this year it feels like spring got skipped. As such I am either expecting desert hot temperatures during the summer or for occurrences of snow as status quo has been for this year. On the topic of summer heat, I really don’t enjoy it as much as I do the colder months. I like to feel cool at night when I am going to sleep and I look forward to wearing big jackets to protect me against the cold. I always say when this subject comes up in conversation that “you can always get warm but you can’t always cool off” and that’s why I really enjoy the cold. However summer is not all bad and I do look forward to it for many reasons, going to the pool and wearing shorts and short sleeved t-shirts are enjoyable parts of this time of year. I don’t have allergies so unlike most I enjoy the blooming of all the various foliage around town and also I always look forward to the break between semesters where me and all of my friends who have gone off to various colleges can return home and spend some quality time together. I do miss them. Yet this summer I may not get to enjoy that luxury. Instead I may be in Iowa for an internship opportunity. It is only eight weeks long leaving me with one or two extra weeks of summer (and it is paid) but as I previously stated I need to see my friends. Whenever I think of this time of year it reminds me of every single summer since my childhood and also all the good times that I enjoyed with the people I grew up with. I hope to never lose these individuals and I strive to keep in touch. Maybe I can just Facebook them if I get the internship as I’m sure they want to keep in touch. This is just going to be a new experience for me if I am chosen and although I feel it will be a rewarding one I am at the same time as unsure as I am before any other new experience. Hopefully it will all go well and this will be another summer that I can fondly look back on and nostalgically remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment